Saturday, March 8, 2014

Snowflake Star

It's no secret that I love Kate Spain's fabrics.  I also love a good Christmas project.  So a couple of years ago when one of the major quilting magazines featured a Christmas project with Kate Spain fabric, I jumped at the chance.  Somewhere/somehow I snagged a Kate Spain jelly roll and slowly got to work on putting together the Snowflake Star quilt!

Fast forward a couple of years (yup...it really takes me that long) and I finally finished one!  (This mind you was after quite a few issues with it that at one point made me seriously consider giving up quilting).  Anyways, it got quickly quilted and bound in order to give to a quilty friend for Christmas.  She loves the color blue, and it's not everyday you find a holiday themed quilt that's got blue in it.

Snowflake Star

It's not too large - maybe about 38" square, but I think it's fun!

Should I even mention that one jelly roll makes four stars total?  Yup...that's a true statement.  But, in an effort to get some of my unfinished projects done, I soldiered on and finished the three additional tops.  They're currently sitting in the pile of projects that need to be sandwiched!  Perhaps one more will get done by next Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment