Monday, April 13, 2009

Finally!

Something to show for myself! See, I really was working hard. I just have a nasty habit of starting multiple projects and never actually finishing one for a long long while.

This was a pretty quick start to finish for me though - just about a week. On an expedition to IKEA, I purchased a TV stand for my living room. It's a beautiful wood piece, which I'm certain my heavy TV is going to scratch up like crazy. So, currently, the TV is sitting on a make-shift protective layer of some old placemats and a coaster - not so attractive.

I was browsing blogland when I came across a
tutorial for a Disappearing Nine-Patch table runner over at Rachel's blog. I'd been itching to try a disappearing nine-patch and this finally pushed me over the edge - plus I finally had a good reason to make something.

So, after a bit of browsing on Etsy (I love that site), I settled on the Cotton Blossom's charm pack and waited for it to arrive in the mail.

Once it arrived, I got to work....
It matches my decor in my living room really well, so I'm excited. Plus, it's got that wonderful crinkly goodness I read about on blogs about machine-quilting and then putting it in the wash.

I was pretty happy that I could find some coordinating fabrics for the backing and binding in my stash - I'm trying to work through.



Next up is to put it under the TV - I'm just kinda sad so much of it will be hidden! It's one of the first few projects I'm keeping for myself!

ETA: These disappearing nine-patch blocks are great!  I've been able to make some really cute baby quilts using them...check them out: Baby Boy Chase Quilt, Baby Boy Sean Quilt & Baby Girl Ellie Quilt! Such a versatile block!

4 comments:

  1. SUPER DUPER cute!!!
    cotton blossoms is SO my fav line by moda.
    i'm glad that you enjoyed the tutorial.
    know that your runner has inspired me to make one in cotton blossoms.
    {now i just have to find a cotton blossoms charm pack, somewhere.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great and WTG on a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty! I love that fabric...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE your table runner it is beautiful! i'm working on a quilt now using cotton blossoms and i'm not very motivated...think it's the pattern i'm using!

    ReplyDelete