Thursday, April 16, 2009

Roadtrip!

Nothing like a last minute project before you hit the road. I'm headed out of town in just a bit to head up to Williamsburg, VA for a wedding. The BF's college friend is getting married, he's a groomsman, so we're headed up to see friends and celebrate with them. It should be a lot of fun - though it's been a push to the finish to be ready to head out of town. I still need to fill up the car with gas and check tire pressure, but I've got a bit of time since the BF is still at work until about 1 pm today.

We're looking forward to our trip. Williamsburg is home to the BF's and my undergraduate alma mater, so it's really like home for us. It's actually where we met, so it holds even more significance. We try to get up there at least once a year, though with a six hour drive, and limited vacation time, I'm not sure if that's always going to work.

But anyway, onto the project - since that's what this blog is supposed to be about. Another one of the BF's friend and his wife are expecting their second child in May. I was hoping to get a quilt done in time, but let's be honest - I dream big. Since we just found out they're going to make it to the wedding, I wanted to have something for the new little guy (yup, it's a boy) when we see them. So, this morning, I put together these...

I've made these bibs from "Bend the Rules Sewing" before for a baby shower for a colleague at work. She stopped me in the hall just a few days ago and said she just loves them - so with that ringing endorsement, I figured they might be perfect for the new baby on the way!

Well, I should make sure I have everything packed, grab some lunch, get gas, etc. Enjoy your weekends!

2 comments:

  1. very cute! I am sure they will be loved! Have fun and be safe on your roadtrip.

    robinheartsquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have too many bibs and these are really cute.

    ReplyDelete