Sunday, December 16, 2012

Welcome to the World!

My blog has been quiet since June because...well, because it's been a whirlwind around here.  Since June, I've changed jobs, Mr. Gnomemade and I  have moved, we've taken a vacation with my parents and sister, hosted Thanksgiving for Mr. Gnomemade's family, and lots of everyday life things in between.  All of these have been great opportunities/experiences, but we're enjoying our first real weekend of "downtime".  I realized my blog has been sorely neglected, as has my sewing machine.  But, we're hoping that's going to chane now that we're a bit more settled.  We're hoping that 2013 will be a much more calm year. 
 
While it's been failry quiet in the world of blogging and crafting, I did accomplish a few things in the latter portion of 2012. 
 
First up...a baby quilt for my best friend's baby!  He's their first and we welcome him into the world in late spring.  They said they were decorating in browns, greens and blue - so I ran with that theme.  Not my best work, but hopefully they know it was made with love.
 
The little guy shares a name with Mr. Gnomemade, which made welcoming him into the world even more special.
 
Unfortunately, they live many hours away, so I have yet to meet him...but hopefully soon!

Will be back with more 2012 finishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment