Thursday, May 24, 2012

Baby Boy Chase Quilt

Yet another baby quilt!  As I mentioned in my previous post, there have been lots of babies in my world.  Within four days - three babies.  This was baby #2 in that streak.  He's the first child for a very close family friend - who I've known forever.

As you can see, I went with my trusty stand-by...a disappearing nine-patch with the baby's name at the bottom.  I just think there's something so fun about having the baby's name on the quilt.  However, with the recent trend of my friends not sharing the name of their little one until he/she is born, it definitely delays my quilts!



So, a little late, but better than never, this quilt is on it's way to baby in CT.  It's made with My Mind's Eye "Alphabet Soup" fabric.  I bought a stack of fat quarters and cut 5" squares from them to give me a couple sets to be prepped for all the babies.  I still need to put one together for the third baby born - so am hoping to work on that this weekend.

I was thrilled to find some great stripe fabric for the backing.  I found it shopping at Joann's with my sister in CT and love how well it coordinates with the colors on the front!

Hopefully baby enjoys!

2 comments:

  1. Cute and love the colors. I am postive the baby and mom and dad will enjoy the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that entire quilt.... the front disappearing nine-patch always is so Wicked Cool; the fat stripes top and bottom are fabulous looking-a fave design element in some of my work too; and then there's that BACKING !~! Oh my stars, did you strike gold there or what !~!

    First time to your blog and I'm loving it. I came by way of disappearing nine-patch links as I search for how to show my bestie and sister how much I cherish her with a pastel quilt--so far away from my regular chosen colors !~! I made a dis four-patch during the London Olympics and nothing like it since so maybe it's time for a nine-patch. I ordered a jelly roll... you're making me think and I love that.

    I'll be back. Thanks so much for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete