Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy May...Basket

Susan over at Blackberry Creek Home Arts hosted a "May Day" basket swap, which I participated in. We were paired up with another swapper to create a "May Day Basket" for our partner with all of her favorite things.

After a bit of deliberation and some shopping, I put together my package for my partner who loves reading, birds, gardening and kayaking. Here it is all packaged up and ready to go...


Well, wouldn't you know it...as soon as I put the tape on the box, I realized I never got a photo of what was inside. But, basically, I got a couple of great reads, some gardening books, and made a basket from Pink Penguin's tutorial out of the Moda "Celebrate Spring" line.


My basket arrived in the mail this past week, but I waited to open it until last night. It was such a lovely package, that I hated to cut through that butterfly. Even the lady at the post office, who handed me my package commented how cute it was.
Inside, it was chock-full of goodies! A lovely basket with a note pad, tissue pack, fabric, needles, a pin and some tasty looking chocolates!


My partner has an etsy shop where she sells thes adorable little birds - don't they just scream (or should I say "tweet") spring?


And such a lovely basket. My partner also is a paper artists - I know that's not the right term, bu the appropriate one escapes me, so this cone basket is just wonderful.


I had never heard of the tradition of May baskets, so it was lots of fun to participate. Thank you Susan for organizing and thank you Ginny for my treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment