Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What a Difference a Week Makes

I've been away from the world of blogging for about a week thanks to the joys of just feeling plain ol' icky. When I last wrote, my choice of footwear was this...

These are my very pretty pink boots that I acquired while living in Boston. They were necessary for traversing the Boston Common everyday as I shuttled between my multiple work sites. I absolutely loved them, and actually are a large part of a story that involves me being picked up for armed bank robbery - which perhaps one day I'll share here.

But, back to my main theme - the difference of a week. Well, last Monday was the "snow day" of a couple inches of the white stuff (that consequently was really good packing snow and resulted in a rather fun snowball fight with the bf). And now on to this week, and my choice of footwear for this past Monday (as in yesterday)...

Yup...flip flops! Those accompanied a nice dress for work, as it was 80 degrees and the AC hadn't yet really kicked in at work. I'm loving the warm weather (it was 70 something today, and is supposed to be back in the 80's tomorrow). But I know it's not going to last - I think we're dropping back to the 40s and 50s on Thursday and Friday - ugh.


Well, the weather isn't the only thing that a week changed. A week ago (and even more so this past weekend), these were my "accessories" of choice...


Yay for the cold that seemed to hit everyone - and is still going around. I spent most of the end fo this past week and the weekend, when I wasn't working, curled up on the couch watching cheesy TV and movies and sniffling. This of course was after alternating between having no voice and a constantly cracking voice that made me sound like a boy going through puberty.

Well, I'm up and running now...figuratively, and literally, as demonstrated by my new accessory of choice...



Yay for getting back to the gym. Between the warm weather and finally kicking this cold, I was thrilled to go work out this afternoon after work. Yay for health!


Unfortunately, I don't have much to report on the crafting side, but I'm hoping two hours on the couch watching American Idol tonight will change that, and I'll have a finished project to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment