Monday, February 2, 2009

Football and Domesticity...

...not two items you ever really expect to put together, but this weeknd allowed me to combine two of my favorites. I guess to make that accurate, I would have to say Steelers football and domesticity, but you get the picture.

I hosted my first ever party in my apartment this past weekend. We had a wonderful time with lots of good food, crazy commercial and a fantastic game that had me on the edge of my seat. I was able to channel my inner mother and put together a bunch of fun game-time snacks including spinach dip, mini-hot dogs, turkey chili, spinach artichoke dip, onion dip and cupcakes to look like footballs. I think my friends had some fun and it was nice to connect with everyone here in a social setting.

And perhaps best of all - the Steelers won! Woo hoo!

Other than that, it's just been busy at work. Not a ton of time for crafting, but the baby blanket is coming along, as well as a couple of other projects I'm going to keep secret for the time being, as they're presents to be shared with the ones I love and I like to keep a little bit of mystery when I can.

1 comment:

  1. Hi and thanks for dropping by my blog. I love the Santa gnome you have on your site! Welcome to blog land and I will be watching to see the progress on your knitting and the baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete