Sunday, January 11, 2009

Trying Something New!

Over the past several years, I picked up quilting. I'm primarily self-taught from a great book, and have really focused on making quilting my top priority when it comes to crafting. I made a bunch of holiday presents for family/friends this year, and think I might be a little bit burnt out and in need of a temporary new distraction.

How do I know this? By the choice of my newest choice of "material"...



Yup, that's yarn! I haven't knitted in a long time, but figured it might be fun to try it again. What led to this decision? Well, about seven years ago, I studied at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in London. It was an amazing summer adventure in between semesters at college. While there, I met a good friend, who was my partner in cooking, and we've kept up ever since. Mainly, it's an e-mail here and there and Christmas cards every year. That summer was a special experience in my life, so she still holds a place close to my heart, even if we aren't very close.

Well, this year, instead of a Christmas card, I received a birth announcement! She and her husband just welcomed their first child - an adorable baby boy - into their lives. Combine that with my procrastinating reading of other blogs and stumbling across a great pattern from JCHandmade, I just new I should try this!

Is it going to be perfect? Hardly, but it's new and fun for now and hopefully baby will love it - if I get it done before he's in high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment