Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Patriotic Birthday

Mom Gnomemade's birthday is towards the end of May, and I thought I might make her a birthday gift this year.  Enter Sandy Gervais' Zippity Doo Dah fabric and a cute little pattern from Art to Heart's Easy Does It Patriotic Book and I had a cute little table runner in the works.

I'm pretty pleased with the way this table runner came out and it made it in time for Memorial Day.  Mom Gnomemade likes patriotic decorations, so I figured this was just the thing for her.  So happy I could find those fabrics.


Plus, it gave me a chance to try out my machine appliqueing skills prior to tackling the owl.  (Sorry mom, you were a test case - but thankfully a successful one.)


Most difficult part?  Attaching those stars to each other so they would lay flat and not show all my hand tacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment