Friday, April 29, 2011

Home Dec Project

Over Spring Break, I happened to stop by our local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store. Mr. Gnomemade and I have been using one of our kitchen table chairs as a desk chair, so when I saw this chair sitting there for $5, I couldn't resist!








Now, it was in a little bit of rough shape - some light yellow paint that was chipping, peeling and not very event. But, I figured, we had some time off from work and it was a beautiful weekend, so we'd try a little re-finishing project.






A quick trip to our local hardware box store for some sand paper and spray paint (and then a second trip for some more spray paint) and we got to work!







And here it is in all its finished glory. It went from a light yellow to a pretty ivory color. Now, I'm searching for the perfect seat cushion and we should be all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment