Sunday, April 26, 2009

Social Gnome

I feel as though I've been MIA for a while here. And I guess for good reason - since my last post was over a week ago. But what a week plus it has been!

The trip to Williamsburg was wonderful. It was a lot of catching up with the BF's friends, wedding-related duties, and of course, eating! The BF and I joke that we always end up eating our way through Williamsburg when we're there.

Overall, the trip was delightful - albeit, very long time in the car. The wedding was beautiful and the bride and groom very happy. I wish I had some good pics to share, but the BF is the photographer in this relationship, and they're still all on his camera. However, I do have a couple of shots of campus (and the building where the wedding took place), as well as Colonial Williamsburg...

This is the Wren Building - the oldest continually used academic building in the country. The wing on the right is where the chapel is housed and where the wedding happened.



We also took advantage of the gorgeous weather in Wmbg to stroll through CW (Colonial Williamburg) a bit. It's always pretty in the spring.



After we got back late Sunday night, it's just been a whirlwind of activities. My quilt guild met on Monday night, and I had to work after that meeting. Then Tuesday, I saw "Legally Blonde: The Musical" in Charlotte. Wednesday was birthday dinner for a friend. Thursday was a bridal shower I helped host for another friend. Then came Friday, where I basically just laid on the couch, ate leftovers and watched my Netflix. Up early the next morning to proctor an exam and then do some cleaning around the apartment, which I guess brings us to right now.


After a good night's sleep, I'm ready to tackle some quilting projects. Hopefully, I'll have something to show for myself soon - especially since some of the deadlines I have set for myself are coming up very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment